Summer Art Camp: Stop Motion Animation Adventure - SOLD OUT!
June 25 – June 29, 2018
Ages: K – 5th Grade (5 – 11 years old)
In this dynamic week of camp, students will create their own stop motion films from scratch! Working with expert instructors, students learn about how animation works, build their own characters and sets, and shoot their stop motion animation films! Students will work collaboritively in teams on their stop motion projects, learning the roles of filmmaking and building great friendships while they're at it! Along with stop motion, students will enjoy fun and creative games and activities with our teachers and counselors, plenty of outdoor time, and optional extended hours care!
At the end of the camp, this series will include a film screening, where students and parents can have a movie night to view all student work on a big screen, while munching on some popcorn! Parents will also receive links to view & download their students' completed films online.
Camp will include:
- Multiple creative classes / hands-on stop motion time each day with art teachers
- Daily games and fun activities for campers with art teachers and camp counselors
- Daily outdoor time in the park / swim time in the pool
- The full process of creating an original stop motion animation project is covered, including character and set design, animation, and sound effects
- A completed stop motion project at the end of the week. Parents will receive a vimeo link of their children's finished projects that they are welcome to view and share.
- Movie screening with popcorn at the end of camp for students and their parents/families.
- All materials, software, cameras, and computers are provided
- At the end of the week, students take home everything they create (including characters and sets)
- Please bring your own lunch and snacks
June 25 – 29, 2018
9:00am – 3:00pm — Full Camp Day
3:00pm – 5:00pm — Optional Extended Hour Care
$450 — Week of Camp (9am-3pm)
Includes all art materials, all finished work, and film screening for campers and families/friends
$80 — Optional Extended Hour Care (3pm - 5pm daily)
Second sibling — $30 off
Each additional sibling — $45 off
Second session of camp — $30 off